1. Steps to Proper Installation
- Dig a hole 1-½ times wider than the root ball but 1” shallower.
- Place the root ball in the ground and check that the first main root (flare) is just above the soil line.
Fill soil around sides of the root ball.
Add mulch around plant.
- Water at planting and then on a regular schedule until the plant is established.
2. Space plants according to the mature size
Plant size at time of planting
Plants at mature size
3. Mulching Tips
4. Mulch Guide
|Area in Sq Ft||Cubic Yards Mulch*||# of 2 CF Bags||# of 3 CF Bags|
|Area in Sq Ft50||Cubic Yards Mulch*0.46||# of 2 CF Bags6.25||# of 3 CF Bags4.17|
|Area in Sq Ft75||Cubic Yards Mulch*0.69||# of 2 CF Bags9.38||# of 3 CF Bags6.25|
|Area in Sq Ft100||Cubic Yards Mulch*0.93||# of 2 CF Bags12.5||# of 3 CF Bags8.33|
|Area in Sq Ft125||Cubic Yards Mulch*1.16||# of 2 CF Bags15.63||# of 3 CF Bags10.42|
|Area in Sq Ft150||Cubic Yards Mulch*1.39||# of 2 CF Bags18.75||# of 3 CF Bags12.5|
*calculated for 3” depth