Plan your bee garden the Florida-Friendly way!
Plant lists, design and gardening tips, and bee guides are at your fingertips with the UF/IFAS Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program's free Bee Gardens mobile web app.
Design My Bee Garden
- Q&A format guides you in creating a custom plant list based on your garden's location and characteristics.
- View your plant list with a touch as you shop, or create a printable pdf with details.
- Create a free account from the app menu to filter plants for your zone and use the Garden Design and plant bookmark features.
Browse plant lists and characteristics
- 82 Florida-Friendly, bee-attracting plants, with color photos and the information you need to choose the right plants
- Details on light, soil, and water requirements
- Characteristics such as shape, color, and size
- Disease and pest issues
- Florida native status
Design and Garden Tips
- Guidance from UF/IFAS experts to help you design, plant and maintain an attractive bee garden that follows the principles of Florida-Friendly Landscaping™.
- 12 Florida bee groups, with color photos and information, including behavior and favored plants.
Use on Any Device
- Log into your account on your phone, tablet or computer – the app and your data are available anywhere via internet.
This free web app is designed for mobile devices but can be used on a computer, too. Nothing to download. Internet connection required. A free log-in account is needed to use some features.